Camp Ella J. Logan is located on Dewart Lake in Syracuse IN, on 200 acres of woods, meadows, ravines, and natural wetlands with approximately 3750 feet of lakeshore. This camp also features Girl Scout Island that often provides a challenging swimming adventure for the camp’s better swimmers. The camp is open year-round and provides a variety of possibilities, including summer resident camp programs. Bring your troop for a day, a night, or a weekend! Camp Ella J. Logan is proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association.
- Webster House with restrooms, showers, toilets and sinks. Kitchen has electric stove, refrigerator, microwave, cabinets, dishes, silverware and workspace. The open meeting area has indoor fireplace, tables and chairs for up to 30, and 20 cots for sleeping.
- Webster Unit Eight screened tent-cabins divided into 4 upper tents and 4 lower tents. Shelter with picnic table, fire ring, and greenie.
- (Pioneer Unit or Kiwanis Unit) Six screened tent-cabins with picnic table area, fire ring, and greenie.
- Lodge/Dining Hall seats 125 and features a modern commercial kitchen, indoor fireplace and a fire circle located near the beautiful 2 tier deck overlooking Dewart Lake.
- Waterfront boathouse contains canoes, kayaks, sailboats and gear (paddles, sails, pfd’s, etc.) and rescue equipment.
- (Keewaydin) Yurt tent-cabin that sleeps four.
- (Kiwanis Point) Open grassy area on lake edge with picnic shelter.
- Waterfront Fire Ring with sand volleyball court available.
- (Primitive) Pitch your own tent
- Boardwalk/Observation Deck along wetlands with wood deck overlooking wetland area. Great for evening programs and activities.
- (Wakada) Fire ring with benches for 100 persons