Camp Ella J. Logan was originally opened in 1928 as Camp Nirvana. The next year, a contribution to the Fort Wayne area girl scouts from the estate of Ella J. Logan led to the purchase of the property and the renaming of the camp after her. The camp is located on Dewart Lake in Syracuse IN, one of the many lakes in the popular Northern Indiana lake region. Camp Ella J. Logan is comprised of 200 acres of woods, meadows, ravines, and natural wetlands with approximately 3750 feet of lakeshore. In addition to the wonderful opportunities provided by the lake, the council owns an island appropriately named Girl Scout Island that often provides a challenging swimming adventure for the camp’s better swimmers. The camp is open year-round and provides a variety of possibilities, including summer resident camp programs. Troops looking for exciting outdoor or camping opportunities can spend a day, a night, or a weekend at Camp Ella J. Logan, too. Camp Ella J. Logan is proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association.