My Promise, My Faith
The new Girl Scouts My Promise, My Faith pin invites girls in grades K-12 to experience
a faith journey through exploration of the Girl Scout Law and teachings from their faith.
Girls can earn this national pin each year.
Steps to earn the pin:
1. Choose one line from the Girl Scout Law. Find a story, song, or poem from your faith
with the same ideas. Talk with your family or friends about what that line of the Law
and the story, song, or poem have in common.
2. Find a woman in your own or another faith community. Ask her how she tries to use
that line of the Law in her life.
3. Gather three inspirational quotes by women that fit with that line of the Girl Scout
Law. Put them where you can see them every day!
4. Make something to remind you of what you’ve learned. It might be a drawing,
painting, or poster. You could also make up a story or a skit.
5. Keep the connection strong. Find out if your faith community offers a recognition
program for Girl Scouts. Talk with your friends, family, or a group in your faith community
about what you’ve learned about your faith and Girl Scouting. Ask them to help you live the Law and your faith. Maybe you can show them what you just made or perform your skit!
Adult volunteers from faith organizations partner with girls by:
• Linking the national pin into their faith’s religious recognitions
• Guiding girls through their personal faith journey
• Helping girls strengthen their understanding of their faith
Go to www.praypub.org/partner_gsusa.htm to find out about religious recognitions
offered by different faith communities.
Below are resources for My Promise, My Faith for each level of Girl Scouts.