Who: All Registered Girls Scouts, Families & Friends!
What: Girl Scout Tasting Tea
Where: Queen of Peace School, 4508 Vistula Rd., Mishawaka, IN
When: Saturday, February 23, 2013 From: 11am – 2 pm
Contacts: Audra Tuveson 255-5064 / firstname.lastname@example.org Kerri Thilman 674-0221 / email@example.com
Cost: $6.00 per person (for tasting samples, fun patch and a donation to St Vincent de Paul society Food Pantry!)
• Set Up & Registration from 10:30 AM– 11:00 AM
• Make check payable to Girl Scout Troop 00150
• Girls attending with someone other than their legal guardian MUST have a Permission Slip! (on GSNIM Website/in the VERB)
• Leaders are responsible for permission slips & HIPAA forms and medical cards
• No Registration on the day of the event
• Registration due no later than February 9th – please contact Audra Tuveson/Kerri Thilman for mailing options
• No registration will be accepted once building capacity is reached
Information: The annual Tasting Tea is a fun activity in which our girls have an opportunity to learn about Girl Scouting in other countries while socializing with other Girl Scouts in our community. The girls should learn a little about their chosen country and about Girl Scouting in that particular nation. Your troop should then prepare food and/or drink items associated with the country you’ve chosen. Please remember that this is a donation event. Your troop will not be reimbursed, so try to keep costs down and ask parents for donations or to make an item for you. Finger foods work best. Your troop should make approximately 150-200 items. The troop should also prepare to decorate their table with posters and items representing their country.
A skit, song, dance or some type of informational presentation is required by each group, so everyone can learn something about what country everyone has chosen! Make this fun!
• Decorating: You can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. Girls may even wish to make a simple costume to wear; otherwise they should be in uniform. Please bring a stamp that represents your country, to “stamp” each girl’s passport as she “visits” your country. If you are looking for information for your display, you might check out the website http://www.wagggsworld.org/
• On the day of the tea, each troop will set up their table and then take turns working at their booth and visiting other countries. There should be an adult scheduled to work with the girls at the table at all times. Passport will be available at the door (cost is included in the flat fee of $6.00 per person) Girls should keep their spoons for the whole event and some troops bring trays to help hold their “tastes”. This cuts down on costs and helps the environment. The girls will not have to handle any money. This is a family event - encourage your
girls to bring their families, relatives etc.
• Please e-mail or call Audra or Kerri with the country that your troop would like to represent. When you decide with your troop which country you would like to represent, you may also want to select a “back-up” country.
• We would like to have a wide variety of countries, so we ask that if a country is already taken, please choose another.
• Please let us know if your table needs to be by an outlet (to keep food warm or something plugged in). Tables near an outlet will be first come, first served.
• This should be a really fun day!! Hope you can all participate!! Any questions please call!
• Audra Tuveson 574-255-5064/Kerri Thilman 574-674-0221
Check List of Items to Bring:
• Tablecloth & Table sign to include country name, troop #, food, napkin or cups to serve, hot plate and extension cord if necessary, paper towels for spills decorations/posters/displays and a work schedule for girls
• Stamp or colorful marker for passports, garbage bags
• Tape Ingredient Card of food/drink for allergy purposes!
• Ideas for Decorating Your Table:
Poster with troop # and country name, poster showing Girl Scout uniform in your country, pictures of scenery and people, Girl Scout Promise and Law in that country, dolls, crafts, souvenirs etc. from your country
Don’t forget SWAPS!!!