Juliette Gordon Low and the first Girl Scout troop chose the trefoil as the symbol of Girl Scouting when they first gathered in 1912. The three lobes of the trefoil signify the three parts of the Girl Scout Promise: the observation of personal spiritual beliefs, citizenship, and helping others. The Girl Scout trefoil remains as sacred as it was nearly 100 years ago.
The Trefoil Society is our way of recognizing and honoring those caring individuals who have made a 5-year commitment to ensure girls continue to benefit.
Trefoil Society members receive the following benefits:
- Trefoil pin (for first year donation)
- Invitation to special events throughout the year
- Name plate on our Donor Wall at Council headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Acknowledgement in our Annual Report
- Regular donor newsletter updating you about Girl Scout programs and how your dollars are being leveraged
To become a member, an investment is made at the following levels:
- Bronze: $1,000 per year, for 5 years ($5,000 total)
- Silver: $5,000 per year, for 5 years ($25,000 total)
- Gold: $10,000 per year, for 5 years ($50,000 total)
To join the Trefoil Society today, please print and complete the donation and pledge form and mail it to Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, Attn: Fund Development, 10008 Circle Dr. E. Dupont, Fort Wayne, IN 46825-1630. Be sure to check with your company about matching gifts
Please contact our fund development department at (800) 283-4812 or email@example.com